Turning hope
into reality.
Turning the page
to a better life.


Turning hope
into reality.
Turning the page
to a better life.


Nationwide T Visa Immigration Lawyer


Providing Immigration Services to Human Trafficking Victims

If you were brought to the U.S. by human traffickers and are willing to assist law enforcement with the investigation of the crime, you may be eligible for T nonimmigrant status. When you get a T visa, you can stay in the U.S. temporarily while you seek legal or medical help and protection from those involved in the trafficking operation that brought you to this country against your will.

Before you’re awarded this temporary immigration benefit, you’ll need to prove that you meet the eligibility criteria as a human trafficking victim who can assist U.S. law enforcement agencies with prosecuting the offenders. A skilled T visa lawyer can guide you through this process, so contact The Chidolue Law Firm for help from an experienced immigration attorney who truly cares about supporting victims of human trafficking.

Who Can Qualify for a T Visa?

More than 20 years ago, the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act was passed to create the T visa and U visa to protect victims of certain serious crimes who could not be safely sent back to their country of origin. While these visas provide much-needed protection to victims, they require applicants to meet strict eligibility criteria to get temporary immigration relief. To qualify for a T visa, you must be:

  • A victim of a severe form of human trafficking, such as labor or sex trafficking, by way of force, misrepresentation, or deception
  • Currently in the United States, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, or at a port of entry as a result of human trafficking
  • Able to show proof that you would suffer extreme hardship if law enforcement officials removed you from the U.S.
  • Admissible to the United States
  • Able to show that you have or are willing to comply with any reasonable request from law enforcement agencies to aid in the investigation and prosecution of human traffickers

Note that there are two main types of human trafficking that could make a victim eligible for a T visa. One is sex trafficking, which involves using fraud, coercion, or force to recruit, harbor, transport, or obtain a person to use in a commercial sex act.

The other type of human trafficking is labor trafficking, in which the offender uses fraud, coercion, or force to recruit, harbor, transport, or obtain a person for debt bondage, peonage, involuntary servitude, modern day slavery, or any other type of forced labor.

Whether you’re a victim of sex trafficking or labor trafficking, you may be able to get a T visa as long as you agree to help law enforcement identify and prosecute the offenders so they’re held accountable for their serious crimes. If you’re ready to learn more about this type of immigration relief, contact our immigration law firm to find out how to apply.

What Rights Does a T Visa Give You?

T visa applicants might wonder if it’s worth it to spend time applying for a temporary visa of this kind. For many people, the answer is yes, because the T visa lets you stay in the U.S. for up to four years.

During that time, you won’t have to worry about being deported, and you can even work once you have an employment authorization document. You might also be eligible for certain government benefits if you need help supporting yourself while in the U.S. In addition, your family members may be able to get T visas so they can live with you while you’re in the U.S.

Of course, many T visa holders hope to stay in the U.S. longer than four years. Fortunately, this is a possibility with this type of visa. In fact, as long as you’ve stayed in this country for three years under the T visa, you can apply for lawful permanent residence to remain here as a green card holder.

If you’re interested in finding out if you qualify for T visa status or another immigration option, such as a U visa, contact our law firm for legal advice today. Our experienced T visa lawyer has helped victims of human trafficking remain in the country and even seek lawful permanent residence when eligible, so we’re confident we can assist you.

How Can You Prove You’re Eligible for a T Visa?

Before you start the T visa application, it’s essential that you understand what the process entails. This way, you can determine if you need to hire a T visa attorney for help filling out forms and gathering the documents that will serve as solid evidence of the qualifying crimes against you.

First, you must fill out and turn in the Application for T Nonimmigrant Status, which will require you to submit your full name, birthdate, place of birth, and the country where you have citizenship. You will also need to list the names of family members who need T visas

In addition, you’ll be expected to provide a personal statement that describes how the forced labor or sexual exploitation you’ve endured brought you to the U.S. and kept you from leaving. If you have evidence that you are admissible to the U.S. and have complied with any requests made by law enforcement agencies, you should include it with your legal forms. Evidence that you have complied with police might include police reports, news articles, court documents, and emails with them.

Once you’ve submitted all paperwork and evidence to the court, you’ll likely need to go in for fingerprinting, photos, and interviews. If you’re nervous about these steps, you should get assistance from a legal professional who understands immigration law well enough to guide you through your case. Contact our law office today to speak to caring immigration attorneys eager to help you get the nonimmigrant visa you need.

Should You Call a Nationwide T Visa Immigration Lawyer?

If you believe you qualify to become a T visa holder in order to stay in the U.S., you should talk to experienced T visa attorneys before you send in your application. Immigration law can be difficult to understand and apply to real-life cases, and you don’t want to delay your application or be denied due to a simple mistake on a form. Committed immigration attorneys will ensure you qualify for the visa you want and help strengthen your application with supporting evidence when necessary. This can give you the best chance at the outcome you’re hoping for if you want to remain in the U.S. for as long as possible.

When you hire The Chidolue Law Firm for legal guidance with your T visa application, you’ll have the undivided attention of a compassionate legal team that fully understands the importance of being approved to stay in the U.S. Whether you want to apply for a visa or already have one and are ready to pursue a green card, we’re eager to assist you. Call our immigration law firm today at 407-995-6567 for a free case evaluation with skilled lawyers.